Well sure you are going to find america haters and lovers here and I seen both on here.
But from myself I feel US is a little in decline it will need more support for other countries with similar ideas to keep such dominance in the far future. While it may be in decline its not to say their will be a collapse of power in the USA. The biggest issue by far is the US debt problem. And really countries are starting to tire of sending money to USA to provide for the wasteful habits of the past.
I have yet seen any proof that both sides of politics can save money. They have said oh in 5-10 years they will save this much but we need to spend more now so we can then save later on.
USA is currently in a very good position by being a reserve currency but gradually that is being worn down and so therefore rating downgrades and more exspensive borrowing occurs.. Sure they can probably dig themselves out of a hole but to be realistic its going to have to hurt badly to get it done.

Most interestingly will be see how they can cut down on one of their most wasteful spending which is defence. Especially now pulled out of Iraq and hopefully out of Aganistan in a few years. But it will mean that for USA to save their economy they will need to focus on inside the borders because they cannot afford to have another iraq or even smaller operations like Libya.

I lose much confidence when I see Republican candidates making oil drilling and oil price at the pump a huge issue. Something like wanting to have petrol(gasoline) at $2.5 a gallon.

I am in China right now and they are paying like 5 dollars a gallon at the moment even with some government subsidies. I know also in my home country Australia its even higher around 6-7 dollars a gallon. Is it a bad thing for americans to size down getting smaller cars to reduce petrol consumption?... maybe pay some tax on the petrol to help pay off the debt, extend the worlds oil supply so we can eventually find alternative ways to have private transport. Sounds all good to me.

This issue is too huge to say all so best not bore you with all detials.
USA will still be a very powerful nation in the future but it will need to share it with other powers.
Americans who cannot look at this and feel this true are in state of denial.