Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Bio's two Provs?

Theyre lucky they even got their provs back tbh. Thats asking for too much imo UN.

Sciences still there as u cant release them. Its not that bad, they were lucky they were still in eowcf. I ce'd them after they got reinstated, the damage has already been done, which was heavy pillages from outside kds mainly.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN View Post
    Theyre lucky they even got their provs back tbh. Thats asking for too much imo UN.

Sciences still there as u cant release them. Its not that bad, they were lucky they were still in eowcf. I ce'd them after they got reinstated, the damage has already been done, which was heavy pillages from outside kds mainly.
    It just seems to me that if someone gets hacked (which seems to be a fairly infrequent occurrence), restoration should be an option. I mean, I'd be okay if they made it a premium option. Pay X credits to have your prov restored from the most recent backup or what not. I think people who get hacked would be willing to pay for the support time involved via a premium feature. I guess maybe it doesn't happen often enough for it to be worth it for Sean and Brian though. And it would obviously cost support resources because they would have to verify it wasn't being abused.

Even so with the downsides, this is a game trying to grow, and with the prevalence of key-loggers and browser attacks, if the game does grow back to large numbers again, I suspect this kind of situation will increase in frequency. Unfortunately, you can't fix PEBKAC.

Actually, now that I think about it, this probably does make financial sense for Sean and Brian. Actually coding the feature would be a pretty fast job. Price it at $5 or $10 or whatever value you think people will pay. When the person pays, their request goes into the queue. Support person (Bishop I assume) is then given data from the logs (the tool should pull the data for him so he doesn't have to go looking) showing the circumstances of the deletion. If someone got like superchained and then deleted themselves and is trying to use the feature to restore to the previous backup to get that land back, they lose their credits AND they don't get their prov back. If it's a legitimate situation where their prov was hacked and deleted, then support clicks "ok" and the prov is restored.

I imagine it could be coded in a few hours or less and then it really doesn't take too many times for someone to pay the $10 before it has paid for itself. Anything after that is all profit, right?
    Last edited by Drixx; 22-03-2012 at 00:29.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN View Post
    You're joking right?

No. They should get as much support as anyother kd. Although im glad they got reinstated, they shouldnt be getting special privileges because theyre a top kd.

Giving back troops etc would be special privileges imo because it takes too much effort and time to do.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    They didn't get their provs back because they're a top kd...they got their provs back because their accounts got hacked

I would HOPE that support would give me my prov back if my **** got hacked lol

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    They didn't get their provs back because they're a top kd...they got their provs back because their accounts got hacked

I would HOPE that support would give me my prov back if my **** got hacked lol
    I would too, didnt say anything about getting account back. Reread my posts.

Getting troops back etc, u would have to do more work to figure out the right point to reinstate, or manually fill in the numbers. Thats what i meant when i said "ur asking for too much". Should be happy with getting provs back at all imo.
    Last edited by KuhaN; 22-03-2012 at 02:59.

Post Demon
    if i got hacked i would want my troops back...

Rofl. F it.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You said they were lucky to get their provs back. Either you didn't write what you meant to say or you're expecting me to take some sort of huge logical leap in interpreting that lol

Technically we were under no obligation to even resurrect the accounts. The benefit of the doubt was given as to that, but we will not grant resources to any province.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    You said they were lucky to get their provs back. Either you didn't write what you meant to say or you're expecting me to take some sort of huge logical leap in interpreting that lol
    I made the logical leap right away! But it's ok Palem, take your time.

And I agree with KuhaN! They got their prov's back, but getting the troops back would have been a little much due to the time constraints and effort on B&S's part! It set them back yes, but nothing they can't over-come
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragons Mate View Post
    And I agree with KuhaN! They got their prov's back, but getting the troops back would have been a little much due to the time constraints and effort on B&S's part! It set them back yes, but nothing they can't over-come
    I am fairly sure resurecting accounts w/o troops is compromise between fair play and abuse prevention and not result of devs lack of free time.

they only reason they were brought back with 0 troops (I think) is because the person who hacked them in the first place released all their troops first! The dev's just brought them back to how their prov's were right before they deleted, which means 0 troops. To see anything else you'd have to go back farther before the deletion, which would take time (presumably) and be special treatment
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

Post Fiend
    what are the ods for randomly hacking 2 provinces in same kd ? This seems as somone knowing 2 players in a kd very well or haveing known them well. thus guessing 2 peoples login and pass or knowing it all along.

If a outsider had done this then alot harder to find 2 provinces in one kd.

So moral here dont store your login any place easy to get or find. And use somthing thats not very easy to guess.

I think we need to stop applying the word "hack" to someone who had likely just had an insecure password.
    S E C R E T S

Thread Information