Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: BiO's kd name

I didn't say it was broken, I said it was stupid, why should having a few solds give any tom, dick or harry free NS's on you?

Does it get harder the less solds you have or is it equally easy until you have 0 solds? how is difficulty linked to solds/a?

Quite a vast proportion of the info is available now and we have open discussions about mechanics and I've asked bishop to check things with devs before.

This hasn't been "known" about, because it's still not known for certain, it definitely wasn't in clampys definitive article on NS formulae back on the old code.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

#tactics

I'll McGovern you up, son. Wait, you know who McGovern was, right?

like everyone always known soldiers die at a super high rate. I have never heard of soldiers making NS success rate easyier tho. If that is the case I believe the code for ns is broken :P

Kills seems normal, but yea can't imagine that rate into 37 mod even if he has 60 mod. Although very small sample size so this is not difinitive evidence of anything. Could it be that halflings tpa bonus was accidently implimented as a penalty or something ? :P

Maybe its only working on offense?

Something like that makes more sense to me, would be a pretty complex screw up to tie kill rate to success rate accidently :P Never heard of this previous ages... I suspect halfling is coded wrong!
    Last edited by goodz; 29-06-2012 at 15:31.
    My life is better then yours.

Sir Postalot
    If you can't pass resources to a province with 37 mod TPA and have them be safe, the game is flawed. There's no other way around it.

Forum Addict
    yes, weird!
    but youldn't the guy doing the ops have 50tpa?

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    If you can't pass resources to a province with 37 mod TPA and have them be safe, the game is flawed. There's no other way around it.
    Is it a halfling? I bet a game change is coded wrong and hasn't been noticed. Similar thing happened earlyier in age when orcs could fireball for full gains. ^_^

Probably nto a lot of people oping halflings to notice the issue :p

I mean when the soldiers move did fail rates go up:P?
    My life is better then yours.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    Is it a halfling? I bet a game change is coded wrong and hasn't been noticed. Similar thing happened earlyier in age when orcs could fireball for full gains. ^_^

Probably nto a lot of people oping halflings to notice the issue :p

I mean when the soldiers move did fail rates go up:P?
    Yes, its a halfling. They never tried nightstriking the halfer until it was holding the soldier bomb that was causing bounces.

The same Halfer also just went something like 1 or 2 outta 10 on an orc with less than .5 TPA and 1.4% watchtowers. That orc either won the lottery or somethings broken there too.

Post Demon
    some kind of overflow bug from being too awesome?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    some kind of overflow bug from being too awesome?

This

Lay off the tpa just a little ;)

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Yes, its a halfling. They never tried nightstriking the halfer until it was holding the soldier bomb that was causing bounces.

The same Halfer also just went something like 1 or 2 outta 10 on an orc with less than .5 TPA and 1.4% watchtowers. That orc either won the lottery or somethings broken there too.
    tell me who this orc was so they can be fired lmao

Postaholic
    If holding soldiers increases the chance of NS, that is broken, aka a bug. Like everyone else, I've never heard of that before. I'd think an arithmetic bug is more likely.

I would guess the opping province had 15-20 tpa. However since the halfling also had trouble opping out I would suspect the error is on the halfling's end.

Post Demon
    From my personal exp as long as you dont greatly oversend ns‘ing stocks of untrained sols has allways been redicolously easy even when oping against nw difference. Once sols dwindle and capacity wise you greatly oversend against untrained sols difficulty drasticly rises even if you are nowhere near capacity cap for other troop types/stacks.

Thats how I go about it and it allways served me well. That beeing said I have no math with which to back that.

Not saying floggers example is working as intended tho ... but we should see much bigger pattern to make informed conclusion, 6 ops is nothing when compared to the power of rng

Postaholic
    lol i cant even grab sots on halfers, with my 7 mod tpa -.-

Quote Originally Posted by jdorje View Post
    If holding soldiers increases the chance of NS, that is broken, aka a bug. Like everyone else, I've never heard of that before.
    Like everyone else? I heard about this years ago :/
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by jdorje View Post
    If holding soldiers increases the chance of NS, that is broken, aka a bug. Like everyone else, I've never heard of that before. I'd think an arithmetic bug is more likely.

I would guess the opping province had 15-20 tpa. However since the halfling also had trouble opping out I would suspect the error is on the halfling's end.
    I kid you not after what 5 ops per tick for 24 hours, I have about a 300 sample I'm working with here. Halfling is bugged, and not in a good way. We're failing 66% of our ops on in-range provinces with 500 thieves when we are over 10 raw.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Like everyone else? I heard about this years ago :/
    Same, i remember we been talking about it before.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Thread Information