Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 55 potential changes

Veteran
    I would've gone in a different direction. Increase the unit values of military, then you would have a greater variety of numbers to chose from without it becoming overpowered. If 4 pts is the base value, a 5pt unit is 25% stronger. If 10 pts is the base value, a 11 pts is only 10% stronger.

If you began with doubling all values atm, then tweak from there, you can fine tune the militaries of each race. Could also introduce more variety with the soldier: 2/2, 3/1, 1/3, 4/4, 3/3 or whatever.

Question: Will Sabatoge mods continue to increase chance of success?

Rest of mechanics seem fine.

1 additional request: Reduce base attack time to 14 hours (instead of 16). This will help the casual player to get in his 2 hits per day without having to set an alarm or run a setup specific to his limited amount of time for utopia. I dont think the game wants to cater towards 24/7 people (these ppl generally burnout) nor towards once-a-day loggers (that would destroy the current player base). But changes should be put in to allow ppl to login in the morning and evening and still remain somewhat competitive with the rest of the server.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop
    Mechanic Changes

The explore formula will be re-examined with an eye to allowing relatively small provs far cheaper costs.
    is "relatively small" going to increase as the age goes on? it would be great if exploring was viable for non-cows again

Winning a war will not grant any honor taken from your opponents honor pool. Monarchs will instead be able to set a kingdom reward for winning wars, this reward will be 10% honor or land generated based on your kingdoms current honor/land. The reward will be allocated more heavily towards provinces with less land/honor.
    Sounds good. There is a potential abuse of creating something from nothing with fakewars, but I don't think that will actually become a problem

** halfer solds will be at 3 NW due to their higher power.
    3 nw is a bit high for soldier strats to be viable. how about 2 or 2.5 nw?

Overall, nice set of changes imo

Quote Originally Posted by jdorje View Post
    Because it should be a goal of the game to make top play something that kingdoms look up to, rather than something everyone knows is lame. This isn't just about 5 kingdoms; this affects the whole image of the game. And it would take 30 seconds to code and have no negative and some positive (double dicing = very helpful for t/ms) effect on the other 295 kingdoms.

Swapping the 10% pool acres to postwar is a bonus though, maybe. But now you're taking that 10% away unless kingdoms ask for them? That means nobody will ever grow, except top kingdoms who will race to see who can get into the most wars to get the geometric growth. I know the developers don't like top kingdoms, but do you really want us all to quit? Why not just remove the charts completely?

You see the needs of the top as competing with the needs of the rest of the server. But that's not the case at all. My growth changes suggestion would benefit smaller kingdoms.
    Doubling dice will not benefit those 295 kingdoms though. The most common complaint i saw, even from you, was that dicing was the only way to win land and that warring did not provide enough acre growth. Now you are complaining that kingdoms will try to war a lot to win land?

ata: perhaps it will be relative to your kingdommates, we haven't decided on a formula yet and are open to suggestions.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by ata View Post
    3 nw is a bit high for soldier strats to be viable. how about 2 or 2.5 nw?

Overall, nice set of changes imo
    Right now a soldier is 1.5NW and 1/1. They're doubling the strength of the soldier and doubling the NW of the soldier as well, so it's the same NW/military point as before. They actually got a pretty decent boost with the nerf of all other units. Instead of being 25% the strength of specs or 12.5% of faery elites, they're now 50% and 33% respectively, so using soldiers as an attacking unit (at least in longer wars where you can't afford to train them all) is much more viable than before as they are 2-2.67x their relative strength than they were before. Heck, they can ambush Orcs by sending only 40% of the # of elites.
    Last edited by Ordray; 26-07-2012 at 15:38.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordray View Post
    He's part of a t10 KD though ;) 45 mod isn't unrealistic anyhow. I could easily get 20+ out of my Lord province within the next 24 hours if I so desired and I started about halfway through the age and am a good bit behind other faeries who started on science much earlier.
    Pillz is in sinners, no? when did they go top 10, or at a minim who at the top actually would consider sinners a competitive kd for crowning, lol ;) With that said theres something wrong when fairies so easily can hit such a high tpa/wpa and the 2 races specifically designed to break them cant do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    ata: perhaps it will be relative to your kingdommates, we haven't decided on a formula yet and are open to suggestions.
    As much as dont wan to see top kds breaking size records every age (700-800k acres) or pulling away to fast/hard from the mid teir i'd love to see the formula for acre gain be dependent on relative acres of the 2 kds at the end of war.

That is if a 50k acre withdraws from a kd at 45k acres, the 45k acre kd should get enough of a land boost to be bigger than the kd that surrendered. No more of this withdraw to go up in acres.

How about if you choose free acres

free acres per player =max(some fixed acres, lossing kd acres-winning kd acres)/24
    Additional your kds pool grows by #prov*(some number)*(*hours of war/24).
    Last edited by Persain; 26-07-2012 at 15:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    Pillz is in sinners, no? when did they go top 10, or at a minim who at the top actually would consider sinners a competitive kd for crowning, lol ;) With that said theres something wrong when fairies so easily can hit such a high tpa/wpa and the 2 races specifically designed to break them cant do so.
    lol misread that. Thought that you were quoting rsjabba there XD you did earlier.
    Last edited by Ordray; 26-07-2012 at 15:47.

Quote Originally Posted by rsjabba View Post
    i agree. 45tpa is ridic, considering the average faery prov can't get more than 25 ppa (pop per acre) without having lots of homes, some great CFs and a mega low draft for a mega huge sci. and honour. LOTS of honour. pics or gtfo.
    I'm sitting on 25+ ppa and I bet that I could get upwards of 20 TPA by this time tomorrow. And I have 0 homes.

Post Fiend
    no networth limit on war declaration and reduced gains protection for the smaller kingdom.. which means that 15 mill kingdoms can just sit and feed on 5 mill kingdoms all day every day, and the one bit of defense the smaller kingdom had... nameley the ability to hit back for better gains without the larger kingdom being able to declare.. is now removed. yet another bonus for the skd's.. another option for them to bully small kingdoms until they either run.. or end up in a war they cannot possibly win.. Why not just make it impossible for a small kingdom to hit a larger one while you're at it? Or perhaps increase gains for a larger kingdom if the smaller kingdom dares to retal.. you could ramp it up say an extra 10% gains for the 15 mill kingdom for every hit made by the smaller one against them. that would be about as fair as the changes proposed above..

And not a surprise to see the players from the top 10 kingdoms applauding the changes yet again..

Feel free to explain how you can feed off a kingdom one third your size.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    I was going to Quote Persain but he edited his quote before I had the chance.

Make WW give you explore pool "credits." I like that idea.

You will get horrible gains for doing that kestrel.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by LukYspDe View Post
    I was going to Quote Persain but he edited his quote before I had the chance.

Make WW give you explore pool "credits." I like that idea.
    yea sory...my internet at work sux and it post things alot while i am still typing. My current post is the same idea, free acres upon win if you choose them should be credits that you use in your explore pool during end of war cf, grow pool as needed.

As it is you cant just give explore pool credits that last forever like you do spec credits, very abuse-able. Spec credits upon war win are allready kinda broken on a feary, enter war with 6k spec credits means free dragon killing for a feary.

Post Fiend
    love the possible changes with the lower elite values. imo The reduced gains protection afforded to smaller kingdom when attacked by larger kingdoms will be removed upon reaching a certain hostility level, which is yet to be decided. .. this is a REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD IDEA!! also

-75% Combat Instant Spell Damage and Duration
    -75% Sabotage Damage

^ this needs to go or be severely reduced....

looks like dwarf will be ftw next age!!!!

Sir Postalot
    If you're going to lower the elite values so drastically I probably get rid of ambush and anon as they currently function. The two generally confuse all new players anyways.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Doubling dice will not benefit those 295 kingdoms though. The most common complaint i saw, even from you, was that dicing was the only way to win land and that warring did not provide enough acre growth. Now you are complaining that kingdoms will try to war a lot to win land?

I believe dorje is advocating a system where the doubled dice comes from the explore pool, the explore pool grows at a flat 3000a/24h, and the explore pool doesn't go away in wars.

So if a top kingdom does nothing but paradise, after 10 days and starting at 10,000 acres, that kingdom will be 40,000 acres.

If a smaller kingdom is warring and wins 10,000 acres in war he is 20,000 acres with 30,000 acres in the explore pool.

Therefore dorje's suggestion clearly isn't promoting or hoping for the status quo and is encouraging acre growth from warring. I think he just doesn't want it to be a game where the key was getting in as many 2 day wars as fast as possible. Long wars should not be discouraged.

In fact it would allow a kingdom with 4 war wins early in the age to be the same size if not larger than the current group of top kingdoms, and "see how they stack up" later if they choose.

It's certainly a somewhat interesting suggestion, although it likely would be abused the first age of implementation until the kinks were figured out.

Quick thought - With Fakewars being punshed, why are there double explore costs and no paradising allowed in EoW?
    Last edited by flogger; 26-07-2012 at 17:49.

Thread Information