Thread: Simians Vs Sanc, HoH or Rage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Fiend
    Proteus guide to being awesome:

Step 1: Take an off age and play from phone.
    Step 2: Talk **** to opponents on forums for no reason.
    Step 3: ????
    Step 4: Profit!

Other comments: There is nothing inherently illegitimate about winning conflicts because you have a cow advantage or because you were able to take advantage of good timing. Utopia is not and never has been a 1v1 game. Over the course of the age fights can cause you to be at a disadvantage to other kingdoms not involved, or you can gain advantages (solid wins where you outgain dicing, get a significant amount of cow acres, etc). Insolence waving Rage was brought up, I don't believe it was equivalent to the Rage vs. BiO conflict but that is a matter of opinion, but it is a good example of a conflict that took acres from Rage which benefited every other kingdom.

Flogger takes a view that ceasefire deals are meant so "you don't have to worry about anyone else during hostile/war/eow" as though they were something we do because of how much we like each other and want to be best friends forever. That is not my view of ceasefire deals, and I don't truly believe it coincides with Floggers actions (and certainly not with baka's). I think he is similar to Anri in that he is saying one thing while doing another, when he believes that he can take advantage of the wording of a cf deal he has. Instead I think the real reason we do cf deals is because there is mutual advantage in it, I didn't see mutual advantage in having a deal like Sanctuary's where you couldn't notice before someone elses conflict and therefore BiO had no right to demand it. There is no inherent right to cf's, just like there was no inherent right for us to demand that Simians didn't notice all 3 kingdoms. But doing things that aren't to your advantage like not cfing (floggers empty threat considering he re-cfed us with good terms this round) or giving notice to a bunch of kingdoms generally make you look foolish.

The term charity crown is ridiculous. Very few crowns go to the kingdom that had the best age. In fact having a good age is usually counter productive in the current climate due to conflicts tending to cost acres. As I have repeatedly told people my first goal in playing Utopia is to dominate the top and secondary goal is to crown if it is possible. Considering Abs and its allies has been sitting at 1-2-3 for quite a while I think my first goal was successful. The only people who play for crowns like nothing else matters are people who have none/few.

I didn't play when BiO crowned so I don't know the circumstances but it seems likely that they deserved their crown as much as anyone else.

PS. I do have as many crowns as Rage.

PPS. I don't know if BiO will crown next age, it is possible. Saying that Rage is always going to be in a position to beat BiO is an empty threat. I do not like empty threats.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Flogger takes a view that ceasefire deals are meant so "you don't have to worry about anyone else during hostile/war/eow" as though they were something we do because of how much we like each other and want to be best friends forever. That is not my view of ceasefire deals, and I don't truly believe it coincides with Floggers actions (and certainly not with baka's).
    What actions are these you speak of? I can only recall one (tri-cow over two years ago) and I further would ask you to point to a single solitary example of any kingdom where I was leading ever vulturing another top kingdom in the past say ten years.

You can stick with the "they're just as lame as we are" argument since it's what ya use to justify being lame, but that doesn't make it true. Rage is pretty much the only kingdom on the server that has been pulling notice ridiculousness in recent memory. Although there's a simple solution: just stop giving you notice deals.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Rage is pretty much the only kingdom on the server that has been pulling notice ridiculousness in recent memory. Although there's a simple solution: just stop giving you notice deals.
    I think same and all this is Proteus fail. He is not sure in his ability and want to get advantage in shady way. Age 50 he gave us notice few hours before we start our war with Fury. Every time he play same way and gave excuses for his lame action.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Thread Information