Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Army Home Can't steal horses

Enthusiast

Army Home Can't steal horses

In war right now and had som 100% accurate. Army was home and we were going to steal horses. Over 10-15 mins we tried ops with there were no horses to steal and only after updating his som did we get any. I took the som before and after with 10% thieves

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by wingding View Post
    In war right now and had som 100% accurate. Army was home and we were going to steal horses. Over 10-15 mins we tried ops with there were no horses to steal and only after updating his som did we get any. I took the som before and after with 10% thieves
    did you get a fresh som and see his horses HOME before starting ops?

Enthusiast
    when my bot says his army is home, his army is home...its called math

Forum Addict
    its not, bots usually miscalculate exact return times and announces army home some minutes before it actually is..

Enthusiast
    so when running 2 bots, they were both off by 15 minutes...right

Its very likely your bots are ~5 mines off in time. 15 sounds long. Did you check the in game intel page?
    My life is better then yours.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    Its very likely your bots are ~5 mines off in time. 15 sounds long. Did you check the in game intel page?
    of course i did, i too could see a factor of error of 1-3 mins late, because of info not being pushed properly....utopia gives a fraction that is easily converted to minutes. I'd expect the announcement of army home to be later than in game army getting home for this reason

of course i did, i too could see a factor of error of 1-3 mins late, because of info not being pushed properly....utopia gives a fraction that is easily converted to minutes. I'd expect the announcement of army home to be later than in game army getting home for this reason
    I have never seen the game be wrong with this. I suspect you guys screwed up the clock in your bot. In many bots you set this yourselves. Maybe whoever is hosting it had their clock fall behind or such.

If you have a som where army shows home and then try to op and get 0 I would say perhaps a bug. But basing it on bot and a 1 time thing seems like most likely user error...
    My life is better then yours.

Enthusiast
    so goodz, if my bot tells me the second my army is home, but is in turn 15+ minutes off on an SoM my clock is off? has to be game related

What your bot says is irrelevant, his army was not home.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I can confirm that this bug still exists! I've have tried twice on 2 separate provinces, referring to direct Utopia intel, not umunk.

I take intel 1 minute (0.02) before the troops come home, I actually wait 5 minutes then steal horses but my thieves return with 0. I SoM again immediately, it shows troops are home then I steal and its successful. This looks like that the Uto database is not refreshed yet until a new SoM pings it or it ticks.

This makes the war horse op very intel intensive since one must get the SoM at least 2x to ping the database.

I can confirm this as well. Army home was confirmed by acre change on province page, several minutes later (as much as 12m) trying to steal horses and got nothing. Did SoM, saw the horses, started getting gains immediately after this.

Almost a year into Hawk & Zaupers ownership and the game may actually be worse than it was in 1999.

Im impressed guys.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    I can confirm this as well. Army home was confirmed by acre change on province page, several minutes later (as much as 12m) trying to steal horses and got nothing. Did SoM, saw the horses, started getting gains immediately after this.
    Yup, have replicated this myself many times. I'm quite disheartened by Bishop saying army must not have been home. This isn't the bot being 1 minute off, but sometimes 15 minutes of armies home, and gains update after a fresh som every time.
    Last edited by Bananamancer2000; 14-01-2018 at 22:41.

I brought this to hawks attention today.

Let's see how long they ignore it for

Thread Information