Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Q for Emeriti - Is it cool to raze into EoW if you want a CF

Enthusiast
    told you that was a fake apology he has no remorse all was premeditated and coordinate by them. only solution is annihilate all with allegiance to abs.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    told you that was a fake apology he has no remorse all was premeditated and coordinate by them. only solution is annihilate all with allegiance to abs.
    Apologizing and acknowledging ones own mistakes does not prevent me from pointing out the mistakes of those that are here denying they also make them, nor does it mean my own apology was insincere.

Regular
    Ok this thread is getting quite retarded.

We didn't raze because Emeriti asked (they didn't)
    We didn't raze to protect Emeriti (they really don't need any help to beat anyone on this less than competitive server)
    We razed because I thought BB explored to farm us and we had to either:

A) Intra ourselves down: I didn't want to intra because I like being big.
    B) Fight them : Altough we could have made this a long hostile painful for both sides, eventually we would have been left with nothing. I didn't want that option becuase I like being big AND inactive.
    C) CF them. That seemed like the best option but after what I thought was BB ignoring my diplomacy attempts, it was clear to me that I would be lefted with two options I didn't want.

So because of real life activities leaving me a very short window to solve this, I ordered razes in their post-war in order to force their hand in diplomacy. Did I screw up? Yes. Was it wrong? Yes. Am I sorry? Yes. Did I intend to give back all the acres + compensation even before the razes started? Yes.

I was greedy and I felt I had no other options. Instead of forming a real 25-men kingdom that could defend his land, I explored in a ghetto and tried to do whatever was necessary to be able to keep being "inactive" and stay big. I chose the easy way.

Did Emeriti play a part in any of this? No, I'm a grown up that make his own decision and that know how to play this game, I don't need anyone to tell me what are my options. Also, right after the razes, I proposed various scenario to Protector in order to makes it right and to even make them STRONGER than before the razes, thus helping them in a possible upcoming conflict with Emeriti. If I had razed to help Emeriti, I wouldn't have made that proposition. Sadly, it was turned down.

Needs to get out more
    If you were growing why didn't you just stick to the plan and take acres?

In yr63 I was doing explore and retal exclusively. I ran into BB twice and we CFed the second go around. My other top exchanges included Emeriti, S1337Y, Pew Pew with CFs from Emeriti and Pew. I got my ass handed to me by Alice with no CF.

My point is you shouldn't have any CFs. The top should either have a gentlemen's agreement or you should be subject to trial by fire. You can't tell me you didn't know where you were in land and nw.

I'm a barbarian so my exchanges were simple blips and I was hopelessly outsized by 2/3rds of the top cores. You were big, big. - I'm not questioning your sincerity. And I'm not naive; I'm simply honoring you with mutual respect. Despite years of game experience on me I'll still offer you advice: Be a sport. Fight for acres. Razing is below your station in this matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    why didn't you just give some acres in exchange for a CF?

The Jerks.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    why didn't you just give some acres in exchange for a CF?
    That is why I wanted to talk to them. When I saw they did read my messages and didn't answer, I felt they were ignoring diplomacy and they were coming for us. Then, I tried to force their hand and made a mistake.
    When we got to talk after the razes, I proposed acres +compensation altough at that time they were too pissed at me to negotiate.

Sir Postalot
    So a steward, not a monarch, reads the message and doesnt reply within three hours and this is ignoring? You already knew who we are, why not just message us on irc. You already have my whatsapp, i can be reached at any time. Just stop lying already, jeesh. Who ordered the code red??

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    So a steward, not a monarch, reads the message and doesnt reply within three hours and this is ignoring? You already knew who we are, why not just message us on irc. You already have my whatsapp, i can be reached at any time. Just stop lying already, jeesh. Who ordered the code red??
    For all I know, the steward could have been Protector and you could have been monarch. Or the other way around. Also, there was ~5h between the message and the razes, not 3. And yes, technically, when you read a messsage and doesn't answer it, you're ignoring it.

But as I've said, and those are the keywords "I FELT you...", that doesn't mean you were, it meant it was my perception. After I've talked to protector, it looks like that perception was wrong and I messed by being impatient due to RL restrictions.

Thumbs up

You guys have been repeating the same **** the last 20 pages in this thread.

Just pointing it out.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

not at all! The hawk the slayer discussions is entirely native to page 18 and later.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DoOrDie View Post
    Ok this thread is getting quite retarded.

We didn't raze because Emeriti asked (they didn't)
    We didn't raze to protect Emeriti (they really don't need any help to beat anyone on this less than competitive server)
    We razed because I thought BB explored to farm us and we had to either:

A) Intra ourselves down: I didn't want to intra because I like being big.
    B) Fight them : Altough we could have made this a long hostile painful for both sides, eventually we would have been left with nothing. I didn't want that option becuase I like being big AND inactive.
    C) CF them. That seemed like the best option but after what I thought was BB ignoring my diplomacy attempts, it was clear to me that I would be lefted with two options I didn't want.
    The day you started lifting is the day you became forever small.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Needs to get out more
    You're choices are a lot of what you wanted, I understand. But here's my take, no offense.

1. Be big and be active: the best option.
    2. Be small and inactive: the ghetto resorts all inclusive package.

Look. It's just a game and, all in all, for fun. I'm not going to tell a guy how to play or be honest. Heck you could be completely truthful here and at least I've chosen to honor that. As a responsible person you must comply with over the top demands. You carry the badge of known veteran crowning growth kingdom(s) with 10s of ages of refinement. I don't even apply to top diplo, but I know the big no-nos.

It'd be overcool if it turned out BB was secret evil and you're actually one of them. This is why I welcome trolling. LoL

And off topic: vac mode should be renamed mini-quitting or fauxactive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

For all I know, the steward could have been Protector and you could have been monarch. Or the other way around. Also, there was ~5h between the message and the razes, not 3. And yes, technically, when you read a messsage and doesn't answer it, you're ignoring it.

But as I've said, and those are the keywords "I FELT you...", that doesn't mean you were, it meant it was my perception. After I've talked to protector, it looks like that perception was wrong and I messed by being impatient due to RL restrictions.
    ***** wtf is all this about? There's 19 pages about our kingdom and the most important conversations our kd has had today are:
    1. Shamus being unexpectedly handsome
    2. Poutine
    3. Taking pictures of our asses and the importance of squats
    4. Why you need to make Shamus steward again

Focus on our priorities please, this other stuff is boring.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    ***** wtf is all this about? There's 19 pages about our kingdom and the most important conversations our kd has had today are:
    1. Shamus being unexpectedly handsome
    2. Poutine
    3. Taking pictures of our asses and the importance of squats
    4. Why you need to make Shamus steward again

Focus on our priorities please, this other stuff is boring.
    I'm trying to lift this thread, but flogger's ego is pretty heavy!

I like to post
    I'm trying to lift this thread, but flogger's ego is pretty heavy!
    What about razes you did age 60 (was 60 not 61) on AMA?
    Every time when i called CR guilty for it you come up explain how they are innocent now same with Emeriti.
    Same guy ex ABS leader (kd i farmed almost every age) hit both AMA/BB in "right" moment when come active relation with ABS core KD.
    Last edited by Elit; 24-05-2015 at 13:38.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Thread Information