Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: omg omg omg panda what?!

Post Fiend
    don't these db's thread start 1-2 times every age, without them nothing would happen in the forums let us enjoy.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    It doesn't make sense for people like you and elit to ally fodder type kds when you can beat almost everyone 1v1. All it does is shackle you to alliance duties for people who need your protection and who you can't fight for land. You're also forgetting the alliance we were in together. You got deal broken by Insolence and then had to fight CGG. Great alliance. I had logs with every kd leader in that alliance telling me how they wanted to dealbreak so and so alliance kingdom.
    Not everyone cares about winning ages and winning 1 v 1 wars, that's not why I made alliances.

Sir Postalot
    generally speaking, if I got dealbroken like FS last age, like pandas this age, got 3 vs 1'd OOP like you this age, or got hit in end of war for exploring and not responding to an in-game message for 2 hours, I wanted to be able to defend myself without having to make a forum post like you did this age. I can only think of one time since age 40 a kingdom truly ****played my kd, and that kd deleted itself within a week. That's the purpose of an alliance. I got over that ****play since they deleted themselves, you still bring up **** plays done against you from 5 years ago. An alliance will help you get over it sooner.

You'll get said alliance if you make friendships when people get dealbroken. If Emeriti and BB leadership aren't offering whatever support pandas wants given the turn of events the past day or two, your moral compass is broken. do it, then next age when bart or whoever dealbreaks you because you got too big, then pandas should be right up there to support you. that's how it should work.
    Last edited by flogger; 28-08-2016 at 00:47.

Personally, I live for revenge. I have already plotted how I am going to make one ghetto's life miserable for the rest of the age. So,... I dunno what you are talking about flogger. Revenge is the only part of this game worth playing for.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Personally, I live for revenge. I have already plotted how I am going to make one ghetto's life miserable for the rest of the age. So,... I dunno what you are talking about flogger. Revenge is the only part of this game worth playing for.
    I agree, hence why I finally got smart enough to stop playing (at least for this age, history has shown I'm not smart enough to stay away)

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    generally speaking, if I got dealbroken like FS last age, like pandas this age, got 3 vs 1'd OOP like you this age, or got hit in end of war for exploring and not responding to an in-game message for 2 hours, I wanted to be able to defend myself without having to make a forum post like you did this age. I can only think of one time since age 40 a kingdom truly ****played my kd, and that kd deleted itself within a week. That's the purpose of an alliance. I got over that ****play since they deleted themselves, you still bring up **** plays done against you from 5 years ago. An alliance will help you get over it sooner.

You'll get said alliance if you make friendships when people get dealbroken. If Emeriti and BB leadership aren't offering whatever support pandas wants given the turn of events the past day or two, your moral compass is broken. do it, then next age when bart or whoever dealbreaks you because you got too big, then pandas should be right up there to support you. that's how it should work.
    I think the main reason why nobody has intervened would be because Pandas stated they would handle this themselves.

We fully intend to destroy them ourselves, they have so far taken 7k of our acers and we intend to take that back.. after we have taken that back, and hopefully some more, people can do whatever they want, but for now we would prefer if people let us handle this ourselves.

meh, its more fun if multiple people get in and make it more fun.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

This..... is BY FAR the most fun I have had reading on the forums in a bit. Keep it coming! Oh and btw..
    Science in Progress 61 Cloud-City | RONIN 62 The Road| RONIN 63 DemonDeathWind | Rise2Power 64 TenToesUp | Rise2Power 65 Toothless Aggressio | Rise2Power 67 FiftyShadesofOrc

I haven't seen this in a while and I miss the randomness so... Shout Out To The Moon!

((...*^*..)()(...*^.)(().<*.*>({)(".*^..//*#.<.>))

#SomeOfYouPeopleNeedJesusAroundHere
    Science in Progress 61 Cloud-City | RONIN 62 The Road| RONIN 63 DemonDeathWind | Rise2Power 64 TenToesUp | Rise2Power 65 Toothless Aggressio | Rise2Power 67 FiftyShadesofOrc

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post

I really dont want this to be taken as me speaking for Emeriti in this instance - I assure you I am *not* and this is just my opinion on things. This has not even come up but for people to band together when things happen to them, people generally need to treat each other well and not be dicks to each other.

For instance this age, newnamekd / pandas waved us while we still had armies out on a kingdom we gave button to that had provinces in range of most of our core provinces (though not in range to declare war). that to some would be considered a hostile. anyways for them to CF and move on they demanded 2 free waves or 15% of our land, WEEK ONE. Typically week one, you wave someone once and for that you get a CF for 2-3weeks. I personally have never taken more than the initial wave I made on someone to cf them OOP - week after which is about ~3k land or so and typically amounts to 10% of kd land. Hesus and I go way back and used to play in various kds / alliances / servers together but he refused to talk to me on irc and sent vir to talk to me who was just a dick in my opinion. I also have a good relationship with coss as well, did not see him coming to do dipole. Again not speaking for the kd here, but in my opinion, I don't enjoy being treated that way by people and wouldn't expect people want to be my boys if I treated them like that. Its a very small server nowadays [also just confused me why zauper would hit us this age when 2 other kds already were.] Just saying....people who help each other out are usually tight, they haven't gang banged the kd they want help from a couple of ages ago or some other stuff.
    Last edited by Proteus; 28-08-2016 at 01:11.

Post Fiend
    You know the kid that's always getting bullied in class but subtlety so no one cares?
    Well today the kid just snapped and flipped the table at his bully.

Was it an appropriate response? Probably not.
    Did it felt justified for him? Hell yeah.

My take-away from all this?
    Be careful in your interactions with others.
    You never know when karma strikes and the tables get flipped (literally).

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by drkzeraga View Post
    You know the kid that's always getting bullied in class but subtlety so no one cares?
    Well today the kid just snapped and flipped the table at his bully.

Was it an appropriate response? Probably not.
    Did it felt justified for him? Hell yeah.

My take-away from all this?
    Be careful in your interactions with others.
    You never know when karma strikes and the tables get flipped (literally).
    Yeah, I just don't know why there's a need for build up. I spent a few seconds in Jesters and they seemed like a competent war kingdom. I'm not privy to anyone's CF arrangements, but if I felt the way they do I'd never CF. I know, I know, it's always "up here you gotta do the prison soap dropping scenario." I don't look at it that way.

I won't say you shouldn't db, more you shouldn't be in deals you want to break. Stop building a war kingdom and start building a retaliation kingdom. You're very good at war, so slack on the meta and get into the game you're playing. I just fed some guy a few amnesia spells and he stopped. He might be back, but I'm a sage all age.

You hurt people with goals where it hurts the most. Or you can compete with bottom feeders. My point is that a competent kingdom can war in the wartier without a full blown war strat, but you can't whore without a whore strat. The compromise is a retaliation based strat. You'll still win your wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    Hi guys, new player here. I posted before and this forum blew up! XD This thing is awesome, i keep CEing them and it looks like they started boucing each other. Then the #1 kingdom in land razed their own big prov, apparently to avoid the other guys from taking that land. It doesnt seem these mikes guys care about the "crown" at all, its a vendetta issue? lolz

i guess kingdom #3 will crown.

funny

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    I really dont want this to be taken as me speaking for Emeriti in this instance - I assure you I am *not* and this is just my opinion on things. This has not even come up but for people to band together when things happen to them, people generally need to treat each other well and not be dicks to each other.

For instance this age, newnamekd / pandas waved us while we still had armies out on a kingdom we gave button to that had provinces in range of most of our core provinces (though not in range to declare war). that to some would be considered a hostile. anyways for them to CF and move on they demanded 2 free waves or 15% of our land, WEEK ONE. Typically week one, you wave someone once and for that you get a CF for 2-3weeks. I personally have never taken more than the initial wave I made on someone to cf them OOP - week after which is about ~3k land or so and typically amounts to 10% of kd land. Hesus and I go way back and used to play in various kds / alliances / servers together but he refused to talk to me on irc and sent vir to talk to me who was just a dick in my opinion. I also have a good relationship with coss as well, did not see him coming to do dipole. Again not speaking for the kd here, but in my opinion, I don't enjoy being treated that way by people and wouldn't expect people want to be my boys if I treated them like that. Its a very small server nowadays [also just confused me why zauper would hit us this age when 2 other kds already were.] Just saying....people who help each other out are usually tight, they haven't gang banged the kd they want help from a couple of ages ago or some other stuff.
    Every single kingdom can point to an instance every other kingdom has wronged them. It takes a bigger man to stand up to blatant dealbreaking. The instance you describe can be easily solved the next time you're in a position to tax them. I b2b'd pandas and we fought for 3 weeks straight a few ages back. They were mad at me for stuff the age before. Doesn't mean I can't stand by them when they get dealbroken. Sanc got dealbroken by hellrazor ages ago and I offerred to give sanc their land back, only if rage would chip in so all three top 3 kds would be reset to how they were. Rage wouldn't. My position on this has always been clear, regardless of how friendly I was with the kingdom being ****ed.

You're much more likely to be winning most of the next 10 ages and more likely to be getting ****ed in the future by these donks, you're much better off not just looking the other way 2 ages in a row now when someone dealbreaks someone that helps you, as you're likely to win anyways even if you do help, based on how well your performed in your last war. All you need to do is keep people happy and let them give you a shot and you'll win. But that requires both confidence and a sense of morals. Do you have those?
    Last edited by flogger; 28-08-2016 at 04:11.

Scribe
    totally agree with strato. no secret that i have issues with some kingdoms for diverse reasons, let's just say our definition of fair play doesn't match up. so i draw my consequences and don't make deals with them. and to be honest uto may be more challenging that way but that challenge also makes it so much more fun.

all the kingdoms that play the acres/honor for cf game acknowledge "their" rules, so then you forfeit the right to complain about it. If you stop giving them the power to make up rules as they go they have nothing.

Thread Information