Thread: Dealing with Rituals

Forum Addict

Dealing with Rituals

So has anyone had experience with them yet?

We are currently facing a Barrier ritual and it's downright bizarre. The entire kingdom is failing repeated simple SoT attempts on average attackers. I've enjoyed taking a sapphire dragon down, but being able to do absolutely nothing about something even more powerful is hard to wrap the ole head around. We are pushing a ritual of our own out, but the enemy had more runes stockpiled so that was that. Still, Barrier is kinda ridiculous when mere SoT attempts become challenging.

Anyone else dealing with rituals and have any thoughts?

Strategy Moderator
    its new, its strong and everyone should have either barrier or onslaught up any war that starts >72 hours into the age. Next time make sure u get it up 6-8 ticks pre war....it could litteraly cost you a war if not.

barrier-you have hybrids u need to keep safe that will turtle mid-late war, -10% gains is HUGE
    onslaught- your kd is mostly pure t/m+pure attackers, +10% offense needs let u mutlitap.

thats my experience. im not sure yet how switching war, or pre war, or the total effect. However i did note that normal ops got made "easier" and it seems barrie litteraly take op/spell difficulty to where it was last age. so if your failing sot's u likely would of last age too
    Last edited by Persain; 03-06-2017 at 00:26.

Enthusiast
    I keep seeing complaints and I don't think it's the changes or mechanics. It's lack of understanding them and people picked bad setups. For instance my kingdom can knock out a ritual in one day without any difficulty due to my setup. Barrier is basically sapphire dragon and ruby combined. Why you wouldn't have it up is beyond me.

Forum Fanatic
    Been doing sots and soms into barrier with no issues as a undead tact , maybe it's your tpa

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    Been doing sots and soms into barrier with no issues as a undead tact , maybe it's your tpa
    Tac is the key word there.

We can't(pragmatically) do rituals where I am so I expect a detailed summation, thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Veteran
    I don't recognize the problems. We're hostile to a kingdom with barrier up and 1 attacker managed to get all the sots, twice (because he's and old new player and didn't realize that there is now this intel accuracy thing). Also my mystics land spells just fine. 1 Mystic failed 1 MS out of 7 casts so that is pretty decent. With the right setup getting a ritual up is a matter of hours. We got barrier up in 3 hours with no preperation or warning in advance. Just decided and executed on a whim. Anyway with 5-6 heretics doing the casting, attackers scouting for high rune targets and stealth from hybrids/thief/mage dedicated for stealing runes it is pretty easy to get a ritual up anyway. We will proberbly see any decently organized kingdom having a ritual up most of the time anyway. It is simply easy to get up if your kingdom has heretics and a decent level of organisation.

Since you can't take a ritual down the only way "dealing" with it is leveling the playing field by having 1 up as well.

Forum Addict
    Yes, I hate it when 5 mod TPA fails SoT attempts on attackers at a 50% rate. ;)

Forum Fanatic
    Im at 3 raw and having no issues.

Thievery Operations Attempted 99
    Successful Thievery Operations 73

Strato your screwed in a 4 player kd yes.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Needs to get out more
    Im at 3 raw and having no issues.

Thievery Operations Attempted 99
    Successful Thievery Operations 73

Strato your screwed in a 4 player kd yes.
    Tac is good stuff.

We knew rituals were off the table going in, but that's not why we're here. Personally, I'm interested in seeing the Dryad troop flexibility. While the elite strength is on the marquee it's the ability to retain formidable offense, while bolstering alternative combat strengths, that attracted me to experiment this age.

As *always, I don't attack unprovoked :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Demon
    Barrier was not much OOW, a few more attemps to get intel means nothing then.

Anyone got a story about that 3rd ritual in a war? Was/is it able to turn the tides or did it not matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post

Anyone got a story about that 3rd ritual in a war? Was/is it able to turn the tides or did it not matter?
    My KD just went into war with the Affluent ritual (+25% income, +20% BR, +25% draft speed) just to try it out. Aside from being able to fund a dragon rather quickly, we didn't feel the effects too much, but that could've been because our opponents were rather ghetto. We'll definitely be going with Onslaught or Barrier depending on the next enemy setup.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post

we ran it oop, coupled with homes and a max gains strat it was decently strong. i'd say when fighting oop its probubly the strongest KR as most wars of often SOLD limited. +draft speed and extra spare econ to go into a dragon or leets is really effective in an oop war. However, once people train up and war isn't all about who can outtrain the other guy barrier with -10% gains should beat affluent every time.

Thread Information