Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats this crap

Whats this crap

"Utonet will be shut down in about a month. Enjoy what has lasted for so long. | If you'd like to be a part of the Utopia Test Team, send an email to test@utopia-game.com or PM DavidC."

So they are shutting down IRC completely then?? Is that what I am taking away from this?
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Utonet is seperate from Utopia the game. Patrick the owner has decided to shut it down cause he dont want to have the server up running anymore. There is discussions going on between Utopia and Patrick to see if there can be transfered over to Utopia. If the discussions has come to a conclusion yet I dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Utonet is seperate from Utopia the game. Patrick the owner has decided to shut it down cause he dont want to have the server up running anymore. There is discussions going on between Utopia and Patrick to see if there can be transfered over to Utopia. If the discussions has come to a conclusion yet I dont know.
    Thats god damn retarded... Im seriously hoping that the Devs actually do something useful about this...
    - unknown

I like to post
    I'm fine the devs taking it over, so long as only Bishop gets mod access. He's the only one in the team I fully trust.

Postaholic
    IRC is outdated technology. It's time we caught up with the times and moved over MSN Messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    IRC is outdated technology. It's time we caught up with the times and moved over MSN Messenger.
    It may be outdated, but a good amount of people still use it believe it or not. Whether it is for their KD or just for the social aspect of the game. To completely get rid of utonet will be detrimental to the game.

@Bart - Bartus, I am even content with YOU running the server. Just as long it doesn't disappear for good!
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    Thats god damn retarded... Im seriously hoping that the Devs actually do something useful about this...
    What do retarded? Would you provide a service for people that the don't even know for 13 years no questions asked? Besides it's his server he's free to do whatever he wants with it.

Post Fiend
    as a vid game player..i try out alot of diff things for chat rooms and such. this one im currently using for various games..if irc option doesnt pan out is called discord. kinda cool..can make yourself a discord channel..invite those only you want in..its a chat room..but also it has voice channels within the chat room. i might try and see if my kd is interested..as i use it on phone and pc for following games on it. be mostly a kd based thing..but pretty sure you can set up..diff discord cahnnels for public things like irc did. i havent been on irc in a while so dont know how busy it is these days
    Who shot who in the what now?

Scribe
    The unique thing about irc is that anyone can just join without an invitation or anything like that. Hoping that a solution can be found to keep utonet going. If it dies there is an empty #tactics channel on irc.chat4all.com server. Won't be quite the same because old players will have to find it and some just won't bother. But at least current players can switch to it if they want to diplo and such. To have 2 servers open you can /server -m irc.chat4all.com or once there /server -m irc.utonet.org

A world chat on utopia-game would be cool. But then your subject to there rules :\. A world chat would aslo bring more Utopians into the conversation's

Quote Originally Posted by chilly2342 View Post
    A world chat on utopia-game would be cool. But then your subject to there rules :\. A world chat would aslo bring more Utopians into the conversation's
    If something like this is implemented though, it is just one step closer for turning this game into that game that starts with an M....which is exactly what this game is turning into... more hybrid strats...pay to win...and now a world chat? This game is going downhill and downhill very fast.
    Last edited by umajon911; 07-06-2017 at 14:27. Reason: Korp is a grammar nazi
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    If something like this is implemented though, it is just one step closer for turning this game into that game that starts with an M....which is exactly what this game is turning into... more hybrid strats...play to win...and now a world chat? This game is going downhill and downhill very fast.
    omg the game is play to win who would thought that you had to play to win. Crazy ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    omg the game is play to win who would thought that you had to play to win. Crazy ****.
    Crawl back under the rock you came from you cranky ass
    - unknown

Well i agree with dizzysky, Discord is a really nice option. Both text and voice options. Useable in browser and via app. I like it alot.
    Played in Freeakstyle from 2009 to age 72 (2017) <3 - 7honor 1war crown | On a break

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by texn View Post
    Well i agree with dizzysky, Discord is a really nice option. Both text and voice options. Useable in browser and via app. I like it alot.
    discord is a p2p instead of host based. It lags the !@#$ outa people with rural internet and sounds like garbage when using voice and having 3-4 people talking at once.

Thread Information