Thread: New adds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    Whatever they have went to needs to be corrected somehow . The time table of when these ads started is posted in multiple threads. Sadly I haven’t seen a lot changing on them going away.
    Yeah, this is kind of bull. I can't use the forums because of these ads. I mean I can't use them even WITHOUT running an adblocker.
    I don't care about the ads themselves. I care about the fact that I can't use my forums anymore. I have to constantly reload my page then spam the ESC button and hope it catches before the ads load; otherwise the forum text-box is broken....in which case I'm not seeing the ads anyway.
    I get that you're trying to subvert ad-blockers, but you need to accept that ad-blockers work on the client side and anything you do, people will find a way to subvert. It's a war you can't win. In the meantime, you're causing playability issues for everybody, adblockers or not.
    Last edited by Caelum; 27-03-2018 at 16:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
    Yeah, this is kind of bull. I can't use the forums because of these ads. I mean I can't use them even WITHOUT running an adblocker.
    I don't care about the ads themselves. I care about the fact that I can't use my forums anymore. I have to constantly reload my page then spam the ESC button and hope it catches before the ads load; otherwise the forum text-box is broken....in which case I'm not seeing the ads anyway.
    I get that you're trying to subvert ad-blockers, but you need to accept that ad-blockers work on the client side and anything you do, people will find a way to subvert. It's a war you can't win. In the meantime, you're causing playability issues for everybody, adblockers or not.
    I can't even click on the menu options in game because the ads have been causing the cursor to think it's trying to move instead of hyperlink.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by HowYaDoin View Post
    I can't even click on the menu options in game because the ads have been causing the cursor to think it's trying to move instead of hyperlink.

Yup, nothing but problems.
    I've liked most things the current devs have done, but this is egregious and will drive people away. I get that you don't like ad blockers, but it's a fact of life now.

If this stuff isn't fixed, I will personally write a greasemonkey script customized for utopia-game.com to wipe these ads off the face of the planet and distribute it. It may be easy to combat ad-block, but when it's custom fit for your your site that's another story. The alternative of course is to simply stop your ads from breaking the rest of your site. I would assume that is better than watching as players dwindle and the ads don't get seen anyway.
    Last edited by Caelum; 30-03-2018 at 16:40.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by HowYaDoin View Post
    it disabled my in game forum, mail too..i reported it in discord too. :D

Thread Information