Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: CR vs BB

After reviewing this war, I just feel that there's no way cr could have won (as long bb don't fk up) once they gave button in that particular manner. Giving free rtpa boost to bb rogues, to let them aw 2/3 mystics off is dubious. Did cr tried to keep et on the rogues during the time of button giving and the actual push?

At first I was very puzzled why bb slayed ruby, which I still think it's a mistake, but I was more puzzled on 2 other issues. First, why delay the push (which flogger said he needed time to think) and more importantly why semi chain 4 cr provs with the opening war wave instead of the conventional deep chaining of ~2 provs.

I discussed this at lengths with nightmare (someone whom I think is one of the best strategist in the game currently) and we figured that.this strange semi chaining during the first wave won bb the war!?

It was actually very brilliant. Bb knew that cr had very little offensive power and they would have issues sending in multiple hits. Semi chaining 4/10 dwarves caused cr to have massive nw range problems when planting their hits. It doesnt help when cr always does a same tick synced wave. The nw range issued caused big problems. You don't expect faery sages to be heavy hitters.

The only way to counter this was to make sure cr's faeries can remove enough military off bb core through ns so that they still can compete vs superior numbers, and cr failed to do this.

On the cow front, once one side is eating ms and the other side isn't, and it's fully turtled armies soaking ms, and when a 0.2ppa heavy drafted cow cannot engage a 4ppa cow. It's gg
    Last edited by TheOne; 09-08-2014 at 13:52.

Utopia is just social text-based chess/poker/starcraft/trading
    There is only 1 important strategy in Utopia. Game Theory

Age 57-63 : Pyromaniacs co-leader
    Age 64: Retired ghetto (Sillies)
    Age 65: Retired warring ghetto (Sillies X)

To be continued...

-
    Dont be a retail investor/trader. You will lose shinies.

Needs to get out more
    You mean a nw gap? Yeah, that's one strength of a numerically superior attacker core. In my mind ( virtual kingdom ) I go about it via personality type: war hero establishes gap, cleric enforces gap supremacy, warrior feeds and disposes from the gap and tactician tends to gap enchroachment. All I'm doing is accentuating the ladder chain through obvious mechanical persona/race advantage. The rest of the personalities are simple fillers based in nw ranges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    After reviewing this war, I just feel that there's no way cr could have won (as long bb don't fk up) once they gave button in that particular manner. Giving free rtpa boost to bb rogues, to let them aw 2/3 mystics off is dubious. Did cr tried to keep et on the rogues during the time of button giving and the actual push?

At first I was very puzzled why bb slayed ruby, which I still think it's a mistake, but I was more puzzled on 2 other issues. First, why delay the push (which flogger said he needed time to think) and more importantly why semi chain 4 cr provs with the opening war wave instead of the conventional deep chaining of ~2 provs.

I discussed this at lengths with nightmare (someone whom I think is one of the best strategist in the game currently) and we figured that.this strange semi chaining during the first wave won bb the war!?

It was actually very brilliant. Bb knew that cr had very little offensive power and they would have issues sending in multiple hits. Semi chaining 4/10 dwarves caused cr to have massive nw range problems when planting their hits. It doesnt help when cr always does a same tick synced wave. The nw range issued caused big problems. You don't expect faery sages to be heavy hitters.

The only way to counter this was to make sure cr's faeries can remove enough military off bb core through ns so that they still can compete vs superior numbers, and cr failed to do this.

On the cow front, once one side is eating ms and the other side isn't, and it's fully turtled armies soaking ms, and when a 0.2ppa heavy drafted cow cannot engage a 4ppa cow. It's gg
    we actually semi-chained 5 of 8 dwarf core first wave, although the 5th wasn't as deep. Main goal was to just overpop defense away so that we could send most of our offense hitting down faeries and use spare gens to get land. They had 11 hitters. I had a war plan of semi-chaining 5 first wave, then taking down 2 per wave while killing off 2 per wave w/ spares.

Plans changed slightly so we didn't wipe out their dwarves as much once they oversent out on 2 faery sages so we took down 2 faeries primarily for morale reasons. Helps our morale seeing faeries go down and hurts theirs.

Enthusiast
    Biggest mistake I think CR made was giving away the button as they did.

they have been point counting at start and then all of a sudden do a full wave into fort.

This resulted in BB having 1 extra wave in war.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    we actually semi-chained 5 of 8 dwarf core first wave, although the 5th wasn't as deep. Main goal was to just overpop defense away so that we could send most of our offense hitting down faeries and use spare gens to get land. They had 11 hitters. I had a war plan of semi-chaining 5 first wave, then taking down 2 per wave while killing off 2 per wave w/ spares.

Plans changed slightly so we didn't wipe out their dwarves as much once they oversent out on 2 faery sages so we took down 2 faeries primarily for morale reasons. Helps our morale seeing faeries go down and hurts theirs.
    Teach me how to flogger, teach me, teach me how to flogger. Errbody flogger - err errbody flogger.

Sir Postalot
    its called play with a lotta dutch people

Forum Fanatic
    I think pointed out was our mistake in not initiating hitting with cows, as said we would of beaten them home and BB would have had to retal and give us ops earlier or lose cow acres.

Forum Fanatic
    Also flogger, high hospitals, was that to bouce us? We know BB like bouncing cows but that would of been time to then full multi tap cores with no incoming to op

Post Fiend
    Afaik we never discussed boucing within leadership

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    Also flogger, high hospitals, was that to bouce us? We know BB like bouncing cows but that would of been time to then full multi tap cores with no incoming to op
    Perhaps anticipating a war of attrition, undead blanketing taps, and retaining nw to establish nw gaps backed by gs depending on where the nw breach took place. Those are advantages and all could be wrong.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Sir Postalot
    Thoughts:

1) You weren't beating us home on the cow hits with the gold drake up, it slowed your attack time down by almost an hour (that's why we made it, also it had some benefits during long periods of time just sitting there with the food problems)

2) Is 15-20% hospitals really "high hospitals?" Bouncing was an option but I think hospitals are pretty useful either way. You guys had gone forts and TD's which are more non-traditional on dwarf core than hospitals are.

Thumbs up

I know we kinda forced you guys to give us button, but think you were too impatient oow. At one point it was 14 points to 0...

Once we got button, you had like half your armies out with low acres coming in, and all our armies were home with 100opa++. Think you guys dropped like 800k after the first wave alone. And basically after you finished just your first wave in war, our armies would be coming home a few hours later...

I think having button is too strong, gotta try to keep points even and then turtle once the other kingdom has it IMO.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Forum Fanatic
    I thought I saw 23% hospitals on core members? (Could be mistaken)

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    I thought I saw 23% hospitals on core members? (Could be mistaken)
    Multipurpose building. For my style of play I use them much more than TGs. Not because I think something is wrong with TGs but because hospitals protect both my offense and defense. I run in the lower tier in most cases to establish a zone. By high nw retention I can stake out a range to defend.

If it's cool for bounces/cq then great. Oftentimes I'll run relay taps/pulsed uniques so I have a variety of nw choices when I attack and it keeps fluid acres incoming. This results in lower losses from overpopulation. My triad is rax, gs, hospitals.

We don't muster waves with op support like the more organized kingdoms. In most cases it's easier to work as an individual to promote kingdom well being. I don't use this system in every case, but it's a go-to tactic if we need to ape activity overall. Also allows for knocking potential nw wave effect off kilter if the projected chain can be deciphered. Seems unrelated but hospitals are integral to nw retention to give this strategy purpose.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Regular
    BB will lose next war. Go CR Go!!! Pwn pwn pwn urself lol

Thread Information