Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On Dragons

On Dragons

You know, I think this idea about "killing" dragons is all wrong. I mean you gather up forces, send them out, and regardless they do 1 hit for soldier and 5 for spec. That doesn't seem logical.

I mean who is to say that every single idiot you send to the great dragon is going to do anything but die of fear? I mean, you can send one at a time and that all powerful dragon will continually lose a single point of health. What? A peasant with a pitchfork is going to land a blow against so fierce a creature as a dragon? Why surely there must be SOME superiority here.

Which comes to my suggestion. Instead of killing the dragon, it should be reworked as FEEDING the dragon. Then it all makes sense, why those big, meaty... juciey spec's make that dragon feel good, and why thus puny, wimpy, drooping peasant are hardly worth the taking. Why the dragon demands a sacrifice based on net worth. Obviously it reads the wall street journal to decide the exact number of people to eat.

I mean, it explains EVERYTHING, especially why no one ever returns. Fighting a dragon may be suicidal, but people don't get in single file lines and just attack once, die, and cue next idiot. And if they charged in, some would likely escape.

No, it the dragon dies of anything, it's from food poisoning, from an improperly cooked meal

Forum Fanatic
    And all who post suggestions should make good ones.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

"Fighting a dragon may be suicidal, but people don't get in single file lines and just attack once, die, and cue next idiot" In warhammer fantasy, they do.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    Seriously? What would be the fun in that?

I agree with OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by freemehul View Post
    you're like some davidian branch.
    TipTripTrap, proud branch davidian since freemehul convinced me to convert.

I apologize profusely in advance for any possible offense that could be caused by perceived sarcasm in this post. Sorry again, please enjoy your stay in this thread. Thank you for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    I think that requesting people post good suggestions instead of bad suggestions is a bad suggestion in itself. How is a person to know what constitutes good or bad? And before suggestiong "common sense" remember that "common sense" isn't all that common, nor is it sensible.

Better to make a list of all "good" suggestions so we know what it is we should suggest.

Post Fiend
    How about if we just request them all to be non-retarded? Would that work?
    Alas, poor Utopia! For 10 years I knew ye well.

watch out omac might use it just because its a bad idea!!!
    or they might also think the dragon is broken and fix it in some way!!!
    The fool who asks is a fool for only 5 mins
    The fool who never asks is a fool for life

how about we get the option to train population into omac employies to feed the dragons rather than allowing dragon to gorge themselves on gold that might break their teeth!
    The fool who asks is a fool for only 5 mins
    The fool who never asks is a fool for life

Fail. You suggestion does nothing but change a word. Its all still the same, you send military to soldiers they fight an die. You send military to dragon for feeding, they die. Why bother changing one word. FAIL.
    - = Paintrain = -

rofl wat kind of a retarded suggestion is this
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Regular
    i miss fighting the dragon with soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Jobolob View Post
    Fail. You suggestion does nothing but change a word. Its all still the same, you send military to soldiers they fight an die. You send military to dragon for feeding, they die. Why bother changing one word. FAIL.

Consider how much fun could be had with changing "one word". the Monarch could be "the pimp", provinces could be called "beotches" a kingdom could be "brothel". "Buildings" could be "Skillz", science "night school", Thievery "vandalism" and pretty soon, with one word changes, you have an entirely different game. One that seems focused around Brothels... uhhh... well... "fighting" each other, (and the "plague" could be an STD).

Now, even if they changed nothing but the words on the pages... would you still play such a game? These are, after all, one word changes, and in no way influence the way the game is played. Just changes what the game says you are doing.

Dragons are already a pain in the ass to kill. I think your sug would just make it harder. I think that you should be able to light the dragon up with fireballs and/or lightnig bolts or something as well as attacking it. Taking maybe 1 point per casting! :P

Post Fiend
    Why change something that works and have been working since dragon was introduced to the game?

(would be even better to reintroduce only soldiers can fight then to make it harder to kill it)

no one really cares. they would have the same effect so why bother.

now what they really need to do is get their old players that left back, continue to iron out bugs, and maybe bring gen or tourney back.
    Anzac ftw

Thread Information