Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: stealing from The U.

Enthusiast
    f the kd rules... what a joke 3600 provs left 10 to 15% multi and 5% sitting. playing in the top is so boring.. miss my ghetto. 3600 left and the dumbest of the dumb still remain. top is filled with a bunch of lazy whining pussies. razing little ghettos for robbing and random into their fat inactive unprotected provs. look at all those weak banners "rob us we raze you" what an embarrassment to be playing in such a kd. Many in to top should just go play farmville cause they are so afraid of getting hit.

you ghettos could organize some in same top kd will even help guide you force these losers to detag and play proper ...

Needs to get out more
    My imaginary barbarian kingdom is being built here.

StratO: so how do you feel about warring powerful kingdoms?

Barbarian: (leans forward in his chair, grabs the poleax and in one swing smashes the desk in two)

StratO: dull blade, but I like your silent violence...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by citadela01 View Post
    Actually that is only true if they yield button control.
    As long as they are willing to get trashed to bits to ensure you dont crown you are the one with limited options.
    They would need proper setup/nw spread to ensure they can do the dmg ofc, as well as knowledge of your cf's timing out, but those are all details most of which your direct competition will readily supply to them under the table.

I am not trying to persuade someone to grief someone else, but I will gladly help a fellow utopian with advice on how to fight back against someone griefing them.
    But that all presupposes that they are given button control in the first place? You can Danzig both make the same assumption, that the top kd would somehow be giving up button control, while all the same time you and SF advocate for mass plundering and razing.

If you are mass plundering or razing, you are giving up the button. Otherwise, ultimately you're limited to 1 hit per day to stay under hostile. If you're making 1 hit per day, the top kd can (and historically, has, during prep times) ignore you, and you need to worry about your competition hitting you, kds looking for war, etc.

If they wave you, then you are limited to making what, 12 hits per day(?) once meter maxes -- which happens pretty fast if you're trading hits, while the kd you're trading with gets 2+ waves per day. You get farmed out or destroyed pretty rapidly. And you're essentially counting on another top kd to bail you out of the situation you've put yourself in -- while at the same time, acknowledging that no one in the top likes the style of play you're advocating. Why do you then think a top kd is going to bail you out?

Enthusiast
    This clearly shows you have a lot to learn about the game.
    So you think you can steal as much GC as you like with no consequence?
    You weren't crying all that time you were robbing day in and day out, disregarding diplo messages and warnings. Now that you are finally receiving your comeuppance you QQ on forums? You make no sense. Robbing is part of the game. Razing is part of the game. Not sure where your sense of entitlement lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    We didnt steal from "top" kds exclusively. Just so happens that "top" kds think its ok to leave 30mil gc around on 20 dpa provs with little theives/WT. I've SOT'd entire ghetto kds, and noone leaves this kinda gc around. I wonder why?

The steward from Sarges kd msgd our stew "why did you steal my gc?". And we are the retarded ones? what kind of question is that? do you ask those types of questions in all the games you play? Rugby world cup just finished, i wonder if australia asked nz, "Dude why did you score that try against us?!"

If you leave resources like that lying around, its gonna get taken. No matter what you think your entitled to. And if you think raze killing someone is an appropriate response, then it is you that is idiotic.

Official Resident Troll of cRAZiEs

Sir Postalot
    All it takes to stop all war kds robbing is just one top kingdom taking an off age by getting free CFs with all the top in exchange for razing out anyone who decides to FSU from down low.

Post Fiend
    Honestly, I think razing to half the size (max) or CF being sent gets the point across... no need to kill someone off and ruin their age and their kingdom's age for a few million GC... The point of the razing is to make a point and I think the point has been made... Just my two cents...
    Last edited by xXxFoBxXx; 08-11-2015 at 16:40.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxFoBxXx View Post
    Honestly, I think razing to half the size gets the point across... no need to kill someone off and ruin their age and their kingdom's for a few million GC... The point of razing is to make a point and I think the point has been made... Just my two cents...
    Taking time out to raze someone who refuses to stop stealing gold, also costs time and lots of gold; therefore if your going to raze them to make a point, its better (IMO) to make sure the point is made and not risk doing a lukewarm job of it.
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 08-11-2015 at 17:33.
    #magi

Forum Fanatic
    Honestly, I think razing to half the size (max) or CF being sent gets the point across... no need to kill someone off and ruin their age and their kingdom's age for a few million GC... The point of the razing is to make a point and I think the point has been made... Just my two cents...
    AFAIK, no one was actually killed, and they were allowed to keep their sci and wiz as a result.

Enthusiast
    Why would a ghetto give the button away?

If a top KD has a huge stock of GC then they're unlikely to be looking to enter a conflict right at that moment in time and if people are doing plunders then they'd strip a KD of a huge amount of GC long before the meter ever got close to being maxed out.

The benifit a smaller KD has comes from the fact the damage they inflict can't be quickly repaired while the retaliatory measures are both damageing for a top KD and not as servere as people make out (get raze killed early age you can recreate, get raze killed late age and the age is likely over).

The only people this wouldn't really benifit are honour KDs and possibly war KDs who are looking at charts. Ghettos should also remember that you can just stop hits/ops for 12 hours and you're no longer hostile with the other KD, so sayeth the book of madeup rules.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    But that all presupposes that they are given button control in the first place? You can Danzig both make the same assumption, that the top kd would somehow be giving up button control, while all the same time you and SF advocate for mass plundering and razing.

If you are mass plundering or razing, you are giving up the button. Otherwise, ultimately you're limited to 1 hit per day to stay under hostile. If you're making 1 hit per day, the top kd can (and historically, has, during prep times) ignore you, and you need to worry about your competition hitting you, kds looking for war, etc.

If they wave you, then you are limited to making what, 12 hits per day(?) once meter maxes -- which happens pretty fast if you're trading hits, while the kd you're trading with gets 2+ waves per day. You get farmed out or destroyed pretty rapidly. And you're essentially counting on another top kd to bail you out of the situation you've put yourself in -- while at the same time, acknowledging that no one in the top likes the style of play you're advocating. Why do you then think a top kd is going to bail you out?
    7 inrange plunders and as much as you can steal. More than enough to screw your age if timed right.
    Time it at yr6/9 cf expiration when top kd jumps fort and starts drafting in face of notices and deed is done. Just need to srike withing exact 12hs window.

You either ignore tham and fight upcoming fight with huge disadvantage or give relations and forfeit age. They are screwed but so are you.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    AFAIK, no one was actually killed, and they were allowed to keep their sci and wiz as a result.
    Zauper, CR is still razing the poor guy... I'm sure those guys screwed up, but what ever happened to the warning shots etc... Or just making a point and returning for the kill if they decide they didn't learn?

I'm sure instead of deterring them, now they will be looking to screw someone else's age up either now or in the future... just not good for the Utopian community, as small as it is already...

Forum Fanatic
    Zauper, CR is still razing the poor guy... I'm sure those guys screwed up, but what ever happened to the warning shots etc... Or just making a point and returning for the kill if they decide they didn't learn?

I'm sure instead of deterring them, now they will be looking to screw someone else's age up either now or in the future... just not good for the Utopian community, as small as it is already...
    We cfd 24-36h ago?

Post Fiend
    Nope - still going... locations already on Page 8:

Last edited by Palem; 08-11-2015 at 17:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite the first View Post
    Sorry guys , but you are wrong for how you are dealing with this. If someone steals they should expect retal, but they should not be razed to death nor their kingdom mates. Make your point and move along, but if you choose to do the other and continue to raze provinces to death or try to anyway there will also be consequences for your actions as well and you should also expect it. Read the book A Tale of Two Cities. Those on top that feel they are above the those on the bottom bad things happen to them. Trust me when I say this, the bottom will get their revenge and you will have deserved it.
    SAdly, the game mechanics make it so that all we can do is raze. You see RKDNW protection and RNW protection are so strong, that if we just traded land with you, we lose. So there is no choice but to raze. Take your hint from that protection you are afforded, don't abuse the one way protection and force our hand into razes. We really would rather do productive hits, trust me. Those productive hits necessarily are on other kingdoms that are not you becuase if you were at all worth it, we would have TM'd you already.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Needs to get out more
    As much as I care about the community I think the idea of "fair" should be set aside.

Apparently we have a number of ambitious players scattered throughout the ghetto. I've known this for years. The fun would be found in unity, but that won't happen because we are ghetto. So you continue to make your kingdom pay for your mistakes, just like the criminal element in a RL ghetto.

I'd never say the tops are full of love; they have goals. If the achievement of those goals includes discouraging ghettos from dabbling in retribution then that's how it goes. You want to go guerilla, I understand. It just seems apparent to me there's an entire kingdom of ambitious free thinking mechanically sound actives who could start competing for a crown.

But you won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information